If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is my go-to for any kind of jam. It's very easy and quick to make, plus it's healthy with no refined sugars. I use chia seeds as the thickening agent instead of pectin. Raspberry jam is my favourite but I use this recipe base for any kind of berry jam (blueberry, blackberry or even cherry). —Megan Field
Makes 1 cup of jam
- 2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (black or white)
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- In a medium pot add everything except for the chia seeds (raspberries, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and salt). Place on stovetop over medium heat and stir to combine. Once mixture warms up and berries begin to get mushy (within a few minutes), mash with the back of a wooden spoon until all evenly broken down.
- Leave for 5 minutes on medium then reduce to low-medium for another 10 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Remove from heat, add chia seeds and stir to evenly combine. Leave to cool. Pour into jar and refrigerate. Keeps for 3 to 4 weeks in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with a Smarty Pants Trick or Technique