Author Notes: This is an authentic Italian appetizer created by my mom. All Italian families created their own recipes using their garden vegetables. I learned to make this by "watching mom". She didn't use "written" recipes. Anyone who ate this always asked for the recipe. Since I only knew how to make it from watching mom, I would have to invite people to my kithchen to "watch and learn". Eventually, I dumped and measured to come up with a recipe. —luann_judice
Serves: makes about 2 dozen patties
Boil until tender:
cups fresh or frozen cauliflower
cup grated romano
teaspoon black pepper
teaspoon garlic salt
teaspoon baking powder
- Add the cooked cauliflower to the batter and mix.
- Drop by tablespoon into a frying pan of hot oil.
- Cook on both sides at medium heat (about 4 min on each side).
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- You can substitute seasonal vegetables for the cauliflower. Zucchini is also good.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe