Author Notes: A light and fresh Zucchini Lasagna recipe for summer! Rolled with hummus and fresh spinach, then topped with a Simple Homemade Tomato Sauce, fresh basil and toasted pine nuts – this zucchini lasagna will be a summer favorite! —Oat&Sesame
medium or 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
12 oz container hummus (I love roasted eggplant hummus with this recipe)
cups baby spinach, stems removed
cups homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
tablespoons toasted pine nuts
salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice zucchini with a mandoline. I use my thinnest setting.
- Place slices on a paper towel, sprinkled with salt and let to sit for about 20 minutes while you make the homemade tomato sauce, if making.
- After 20 minutes, you'll press each side with a paper towel and spread each slice with a layer of hummus on one side. Cover the hummus with a few spinach leaves and roll it up!
- Place each roll seam side down in a 8 x 8 baking dish that's been coated with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Top with more tomato sauce + bake uncovered for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Add toasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Optional sprinkle of parmesan.