If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light and fresh Zucchini Lasagna recipe for summer! Rolled with hummus and fresh spinach, then topped with a Simple Homemade Tomato Sauce, fresh basil and toasted pine nuts – this zucchini lasagna will be a summer favorite! —Oat&Sesame
medium or 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
12 oz container hummus (I love roasted eggplant hummus with this recipe)
cups baby spinach, stems removed
cups homemade or store-bought tomato sauce
tablespoons toasted pine nuts
salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice zucchini with a mandoline. I use my thinnest setting.
- Place slices on a paper towel, sprinkled with salt and let to sit for about 20 minutes while you make the homemade tomato sauce, if making.
- After 20 minutes, you'll press each side with a paper towel and spread each slice with a layer of hummus on one side. Cover the hummus with a few spinach leaves and roll it up!
- Place each roll seam side down in a 8 x 8 baking dish that's been coated with a layer of tomato sauce.
- Top with more tomato sauce + bake uncovered for 15 minutes until heated through.
- Add toasted pine nuts and fresh basil. Optional sprinkle of parmesan.