If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spice up your traditional egg salad with warming spices and quick pickled red onion. —Miranda Hammer
Curried Egg Salad
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- pinches salt
- pinches freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices gluten-free rye bread
- 2 tablespoons nigella seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- Roughly chop the eggs and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the red onion, mustard, mayonnaise, curry powder, cumin, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Top toasted gluten-free rye bread with egg salad and garnish with pickled red onion, nigella seeds, and a few sprigs of fresh dill.
Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, halved, sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- Bring water to a boil in a kettle.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup or honey, salt, vinegar, and hot water.
- Place the onions into a jar and pour in the vinegar mixture. Let sit at room temperature for an hour. Can be made a week in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!