If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes we need to bring extraordinary to our lives. These fun and easy mushroom-shaped shortbread cookies will do just that without a risk. The best part about food is making people and these sweet button mushrooms will definitely put a smile on everyone's face. —All that's Jas
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsweetened butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar (optional)
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract and beat shortly until combined.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, and baking powder and mix or knead until soft dough forms. The dough should not stick to your fingers. Add more flour if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a tablespoon, take a small amount of dough and roll between your hands into a ball. Place on a large parchment paper-lined baking pan or nonstick cookie sheet.
- Here's the trick to the mushrooms: Using the top of a glass bottle without the cap, dip the top into water then into cocoa powder. Gently press into each ball of dough and remove carefully.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so keep your eye on the cookies so they don't burn.
- Roll tops of cookies in the fine sugar, if desired.
More Great Recipes: