If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple, delicious Spanish shrimp tapa is full of flavor that will impress your guests, but only you will know how easy and quick it was to prepare. It is the perfect snack for your company or a quick dinner for two on a busy weeknight. —All that's Jas
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicey)
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp (about 25 per pound)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh parsley leaves
- If using frozen shrimp, defrost. Rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry.
- In a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cayenne pepper and sauté until fragrant, about one minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic! Next, add the shrimp, lemon juice, and sherry and increase the heat to medium-high. Stir well, then sauté turning them once until the shrimp turn pink and curl – about 3-4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Transfer shrimp with oil and sauce to a serving plate or serve right from the pan. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with fresh bread.