If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was the first time I made this and it ended up being great. I love using red cabbage for it’s beautiful color, slightly bitter and peppery flavor and many health benefit- Vitamin C, A, K and dietary fiber to name a few. It adds a nice crunch to the otherwise soft textured fish tacos which I served it with. Marinated in a honey-lime-cumin vinaigrette it became a great addition to our fiesta! —Basil and Roses
- 1 whole red cabbage, cut into quarters and sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped then mashed with the side of the knife blade
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin (plus a pinch just because I LOVE cumin!)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika ((smoked paprika is even better if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey (adjust to taste, add more honey if you prefer the dressing sweeter)
- Combine lime juice, garlic, cumin, paprika in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add olive oil as you whisk dressing together.
- Adding oil slowly while whisking helps emulsify the dressing so it won’t separate (science, baby!).
- Add salt + pepper to taste as you go along, adjust as needed.
- Add dressing to cabbage and mix well.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes. It gets better after it sits for a while.
- p.s. *It was even better the next day when we had the leftovers with chicken.