If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think avocado is the most magnificent fruits in the world! It is rich, creamy, earthy, nutty, and savory. Avocados also have great health benefits. The list is long but to name a few they are high in potassium, good fats and they are one of the few high protein fruits. I love it’s creamy texture and use it as a substitute for butter or oils often. And of course, nowhere is the beautiful avocado highlighted more than in a classic guacamole! I don’t use garlic or tomato’s in my recipe, but feel free to add them if it makes you happy…
P.S. This recipe also works really well for avocado toast. It’s excellent on toasted sourdough bread with a couple of slices of tomato and a pinch of sea salt. Yum! —Basil and Roses
- 4 avocados
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 one jalapeno, chopped (remove veins/seeds for less heat)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (adjust to taste)
- salt + pepper
- Cut avocado into cubes, slightly mash it in a bowl. I like to leave it a bit chunky.
- Immediately add the lime juice to the avocados, this prevents them from beginning to turn color.
- Add chopped cilantro, jalapeno, onion, salt + pepper and mix.
- Adjust salt and pepper levels to taste.