If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love eggs. It is one of the most versatile ingredients in the kitchen and I’ve enjoyed learning different ways of working with it. From a humble omelette to a sumptuous souffle, the options of what you can make with eggs are infinite.Omelettes are great on weekends, like this Scallion and Mushroom Turmeric Omelette we love. On weekdays the classic hard boiled egg is my go to for either topping a salad for lunch or an express breakfast on busier days.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said “There is always a best way of doing everything, if it be to boil an egg.” I 100% agree with that statement. Here I share with you what I consider the best way to make hard-boiled eggs. It will be one the simplest and most satisfying dishes you make. And since here at Basil and Roses we love flowers so much, we present our eggs shaped like one! It’s just beautiful and we think it will put a smile on your face. —Basil and Roses
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- fresh mint (optional)
- 1/2 pita bread
- Place eggs in water in a pot and cover with lid.
- Make sure eggs are covered with at least 1 inch of water.
- Bring water to boil.
- As soon as water starts boiling, turn off the stove.
- For a softer yolk, let sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Then run under cold water, peel and enjoy.
- For the perfectly firm yolk, let sit for 10 minutes before running under cold water and peeling.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (or regular salt) and fresh black pepper.
- To present like the beautiful flower-Cut 2 eggs in half, then cut the half into a quarter and arrange like a flower on the plate.
- Something salty compliments eggs well. Feta cheese is a great choice. Here I served the eggs with a typical Persian breakfast of Feta, Tomato, herbs and pita! Delicious!