If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We had a fest recently and were left with grilled corn on the cob and pineapple slices. Wanting the grilled peaches I need to make a favorite salsa, but with not a peach in season, I turned to other vegetables to make a very nice and versatile salsa that is good on fish, chicken, and as a side dish all on its own. —Bevi
- 3 ears grilled corn, scraped from the cobs
- 1/2 pineapple, sliced 1" thick, grilled, and then diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, skin on, diced
- 1/2 fresh jalepeno, finely minced
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- optional hot sauce of your choice - a few dashes
- Make sure the pineapple, avocado, and cuke are diced approximately the same size - no larger than a thumb nail.
- Mix together all the fruits and vegetables into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add a few dashes of hot sauce if you like a little heat. Refrigerate until ready to use. Good chilled or at room temperature.