If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although many cultures are unfamiliar with this weed, Purslane is a staple vegetable in Turkish Cuisine. Stews, salads and mezes are very popular dishes made with purslane. It is very rich in omega 3 fatty acids , vitamin E C and many minerals. A quick salad recipe with those fleshy succulent leaves will make this veg one of your favorites... —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 1 bunch purslane
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 3-4 gerkins
- 6-8 black olives
- 1 tablespoon corn kernels
- 2-3 sprigs dill
- 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate mollases
- 1 lemon juice
- 4-6 tablespoons evoo
- Coriander & Nasturtium flowers
- Wash and remove the stems. Carefully dry the leaves, they are very fragile do not damage or bruise. (Use a salad spinner)
- Thinly slice the red onions,red pepper, tomato and gerkins.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pomegranate molasses in a large bowl.
- Combine everything together ,add olives, purslane, corn kernels and dill gently tossing to coat. Add the flowers on top and serve.