Who says you can’t have soup in the warmer months? This Chilled Asparagus Avocado Soup is a refreshing healthy lunch that you’ll want to make all the time!
Who says you can’t have soup in the warmer months? This Chilled Asparagus Avocado Soup is a refreshing healthy lunch that you’ll want to make all the time!—Paige
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
small shallot, roughly chopped
cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed of ends and chopping into 1-inch pieces
cups vegetable stock
the juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste
tablespoons each, chives, basil, and rosemary
In This Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and saute until they are soft and translucent.
- Add the asparagus, and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for another 10 minutes and then remove the pot from heat.
- Allow the soup to come to room temperature.
- Add the soup, avocado, lemon juice, and herbs to a blender and blend until creamy.
- Add more stock if it's too thick. Taste and season with salt and pepper as you see fit.
- Chill the asparagus avocado soup in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with sour cream and additional herbs, if desired.