If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little spicy, a little pickle-y, plus a little lemon zest. This is one of my favorite blini recipes to make as an entree, as well (see details on blini recipe). —Erin McDowell
Makes 8-10 servings as an appetizer
- 1 recipe Buckwheat Blini (https://food52.com/recipes/71287-buckwheat-blini)
- 1/3 cup prepared horseradish
- 2/3 cup finely diced pickled beets
- 4 ounces smoked trout
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- freshly ground black pepper
- Top each blini with 1/2 teaspoon horseradish. Top each with 1 teaspoon beets. Divide the trout evenly among the topped blini.
- Top each blini with a sprig of lemon zest and a grating of freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!