If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my opinion this Mint and coriander Sauce is essential at your BBQ party. Period. It is summery, fresh and aromatic – what else can you ask for?
If you have that “special” relationship with coriander that it doesn’t go anywhere near your mouth – change it to parsley.
Shame thou —Kirill Greidan
- 1/2 Large Cucumber
- 2 Garlic Cloves (not peeled)
- 1 Handful of Fresh Mint
- 1 Handful of Fresh Coriander
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Thumb-sized Piece of Tamarind (or 2 Dates)
- 1 Lemon, Juice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Nigella Seeds
- First of all put in a food processor (or blender) the cucumber, mint and coriander leaves, garlic, green chilli, tamarind (or dates) and whizz until roughly combined.
- Add to the mixture lemon juice, pinch of salt, olive oil, mustard and nigella seeds. Mix well. Use immediately.