If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Five ingredients and about 10 minutes. I may never eat any other fried rice. XO sauce is a condiment of scallops, shrimp and ham. Pricey for sure but well worth it. Or make your own (Food52 has a great recipe). —HalfPint
- 3 cups cooked rice, day old or cold
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons XO sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- Heat oil, medium high heat, in a nonstick frying pan, skillet, or wok, until the oil shimmers.
- Add rice and break up clumps. Stir and cook rice for 2 minutes.
- Crack eggs and scramble into the rice. Keep scrambling and scraping the eggs and the rice until the eggs are almost cooked, about 4-5 minutes
- Push rice slightly to the side. Add XO sauce and heat for a few seconds. Then mix thoroughly into the rice.
- Taste and add salt if needed. Stir in scallions and turn off heat. Transfer to a serving dish or bowls and enjoy.
- XO Sauce: Here is the Food52 recipe, https://food52.com/recipes/40135-xo-sauce . Or you can use the one from Grubstreet.com. This is the one I used for this recipe.