Author Notes: Five ingredients and about 10 minutes. I may never eat any other fried rice. XO sauce is a condiment of scallops, shrimp and ham. Pricey for sure but well worth it. Or make your own (Food52 has a great recipe). —HalfPint
cups cooked rice, day old or cold
tablespoons XO sauce
scallions, sliced thin
- Heat oil, medium high heat, in a nonstick frying pan, skillet, or wok, until the oil shimmers.
- Add rice and break up clumps. Stir and cook rice for 2 minutes.
- Crack eggs and scramble into the rice. Keep scrambling and scraping the eggs and the rice until the eggs are almost cooked, about 4-5 minutes
- Push rice slightly to the side. Add XO sauce and heat for a few seconds. Then mix thoroughly into the rice.
- Taste and add salt if needed. Stir in scallions and turn off heat. Transfer to a serving dish or bowls and enjoy.
- XO Sauce: Here is the Food52 recipe, https://food52.com/recipes/40135-xo-sauce . Or you can use the one from Grubstreet.com. This is the one I used for this recipe.