If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light and fresh spaghetti squash saute with asparagus, peas, garlic and lemon! —grabsomejoy
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scrape out the seeds-Brush the insides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- When the spaghetti squash is done, use tongs to flip the squash over to let cool.
- In a large fry pan heat up your butter over medium heat. Add in your asparagus and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While your asparagus is cooking carefully scrape out the squash with a fork and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Next return to your asparagus pan and turn the heat down to low. Add in your peas, minced garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until peas are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in your spaghetti squash and the Pecorino Romano. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and top with more Pecorino Romano.