If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —MarieGlobetrotter
- 3 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 pieces pizza dough (small)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 cups watercress
- 6 fgis, cut into slices
- 1 handful walnuts, coarsed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- For the onion confit, cut the onions into thin slices. Heat the olive oil in a cast iron (medium-high heat), add the onions and sugar, season with salt and pepper. Cook the onions until golden and soften, about 8-10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp white wine vinegar and reduce to medium heat and cook for another 5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450F. Place the pizza stone or oven tray on a lower rack.
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough into four circles (23 cm). Place the dough on the pizza stone or the oven tray covered with parchment paper. Brush the pizzas with olive oil. Spread out the onion confit on the dough than sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake the pizza for 12 minutes, until golden. Take out of the oven and garnish with the watercress, arugula, duck, figs and walnuts. Season to taste and sprinkle with honey. Serve warm