Author Notes: Summery tart that can be serve cold with a fresh bell pepper or tomato salsa —MarieGlobetrotter
tablespoons olive oil
grams brown rice
clove of garlic
salt and pepper
- Combine the flour and 1 tsp of salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle and pour 5 tbsp of olive oil and 120 ml of water. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the oil and water then knead by hand for 5 minutes until the dough comes together. Set in the fridge for 45 min to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in boiling water for 10 minutes, as instructed on the package
- Wash the zucchini, cut both ends off of the zucchini and grate with a box and hand grater. Mince the garlic.
- Drain the rice and set it aside until fully dry.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large non-stick pan, cook the garlic and zucchini on medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the rice, remove the pan from the heat and put everything in a bowl
- Line a pie plate (28cm) with parchment paper. Roll out your dough a clean surface. Line your pie plate.
- Whisk the eggs and fold into the zucchini-rice mixture. Combine well then pour onto the pie dough. Brush the edges of the pie with olive oil.
- Bake the pie for 35-40 minutes on 380F. The top should be slightly golden. let cool for 10 minutes before serving.