If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect summer salad to chill with: summer squash, cucumbers, snap peas all in a lovely miso dressing! —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 8 ounces cucumber, cut in half lengthwise (or quartered lengthwise if really large), then chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 6-8 ounces yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise (or quartered lengthwise if really large), then chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups snap peas, cut on the bias
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons brown miso paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, squash, snap peas, and red onion. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Set aside while you make your dressing.
- In a small sized bowl or medium sized jar, add garlic, ginger, vinegar, mirin, miso paste, olive oil and sesame oil. Whisk or shake well until miso is fully incorporated into dressing.
- Pour dressing over vegetables. Mix well and season with additional salt to taste.