If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This decadent and delectable 5-ingredient Butternut Squash, Bacon, & Spinach Hash tastes like full-on comfort food, but is pretty darn healthy. —Debbie Noel
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash
- 6 slices of bacon
- 16 ounces spinach
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
- First, prep the butternut squash: If you have an Instant Pot, cut the butternut squash in half width-wise. Add chicken stock or water to the bottom of the Instant Pot, and then place your butternut squash in with the steamer basket. Set manually for 10 minutes on High Pressure.
- While butternut squash is cooking, dice your bacon into 1-inch pieces
- Once butternut squash has finished cooking, perform a Quick Release. Then, take it out of the Instant Pot carefully using the steamer basket or tongs and place it on a cutting board to cool
- After it has cooled for 5-10 minutes, peel and cut squash into medium-sized chunks (about 1.5-inch pieces)
- Sauté bacon in large skillet over Medium heat.
- Once fat has rendered and bacon is mostly cooked, drain 3/4 of the bacon oil into a heat-proof jar or can (do not empty into sink)
- Lower heat and add spinach. Cook until slightly wilted, but still raw
- Add squash and gently combine with spinach and bacon until all ingredients are distributed evenly
- Mix in Herbes de Provence and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes over Low heat