If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pumpkin soup is on hold for a while now. It needed something more, because I thought it was a bit a Plain Jane. Lately I’m all over the taste of truffles. I found this truffle olive oil and it’s the best! Truffle and pumkin are such a genius combination. I have used sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds, because sunflower seeds contain less saturated fats, yay. This soup is easy to make and it takes about 40 minutes including 20 minutes in the oven. With some nice bread you’re good to go! —Gwen van Bakel
tablespoons truffle olive oil
tablespoons skinny quark
tablespoons sunflower seeds
pinches of salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the pumpkin by half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the rest of the pumpkin into pieces. Cut the red onion and the garlic into pieces.
- Put the pumpkin, onion and garlic pieces in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Don’t let it get too dark.
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Heat the truffle olive oil in a large pan and add the potato pieces. Leave it for 3 minutes, without burning the edges.
- Add 1 liter water to the pan and start boiling it. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, onion and garlic. Mix it all with a mixer or a blender.
- Add some salt and pepper if you like and pour the soup into bowls.
- Add one tbs skinny quark, the sunflower seeds and the basil.