If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not quite carrot cake, not quite tropical, and a very good way to get a vegetable down at the top of the day.
This smoothie is lightly sweet on its own, but if you do like things on the sweeter side, add a tablespoon or so of honey or agave syrup or a pitted date soaked in hot water to soften when you blend. —Caroline Lange
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 nub ginger about the size of your thumb's top knuckle, peeled
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple cubes
- 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Grind of black pepper
- Pile all of the ingredients into a blender (in this order!) and blitz until thoroughly blended and creamy. Divide between two glasses and drink up.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!