If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: BOU is a better for you line of bouillon cubes for creative cooks at all skill levels. Launched by innovative food entrepreneurs, Robert Jakobi and Kunal Kohli, the cube is a healthier, tastier and higher quality version of the pantry staple. Using a US-based proprietary manufacturing process, BOU uses natural, non-GMO ingredients to produce hassle free flavor at your finger-tips with 30 percent less sodium than the other leading brands. BOU is a kitchen must-have for elevating the flavor of any meal from soups to stews, grilled meats to vegetable stir-fries. BOU is Gluten free and comes in three flavors – chicken, beef, and vegetable. Products are available for purchase at stores across the New York-Metro area, as well as online at Fresh Direct. —staff
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 vegetable BOU cube
- 1/4 cup sliced radish (about 1 small radish)
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries (about 3 strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (about 12 leaves)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- In a small pot, combine the quinoa and BOU with 1 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir gently. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and steam for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and fluff with a fork, then let cool completely.
- In a small container with a lid, combine all dressing ingredients. Close the container and shake well.
- Pour dressing into quinoa bowl while fluffing the quinoa with a fork until dressing is evenly distributed.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, radishes, mint, almonds and feta into the quinoa.