If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: BOU is a better for you line of bouillon cubes for creative cooks at all skill levels. Launched by innovative food entrepreneurs, Robert Jakobi and Kunal Kohli, the cube is a healthier, tastier and higher quality version of the pantry staple. Using a US-based proprietary manufacturing process, BOU uses natural, non-GMO ingredients to produce hassle free flavor at your finger-tips with 30 percent less sodium than the other leading brands. BOU is a kitchen must-have for elevating the flavor of any meal from soups to stews, grilled meats to vegetable stir-fries. BOU is Gluten free and comes in three flavors – chicken, beef, and vegetable. Products are available for purchase at stores across the New York-Metro area, as well as online at Fresh Direct. —staff
- 1 pound grass-fed sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- Sesame oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3 scallions, sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Beef BOU cube
- Place the steak, onion, squash and pepper into a large bowl. Toss well with tongs.
- In a small pot, combine all sauce ingredients, Heat gently over low heat while whisking, until BOU is completely dissolved. Pour sauce into liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 of the stir fry mixture along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Briefly stir the sauce to distribute the garlic, then add 1/4 of the sauce to the wok. Continue cooking and stirring for 2 more minutes.
- Remove stir-fry from pan. Repeat steps 4-6 three more times.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.