If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: File this one under recipes that make no sense but works nonetheless. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
For the dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cold water
For the salad
- 1 cup jasmine rice, dry
- olive oil
- 4 ears of corn
- 12-16 scallions
- 2 cups dragon tongue beans, cut on the bias into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together garlic, fish sauce, white wine vinegar, honey and water. Set aside.
- Cook rice according to packaging directions. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook corn until almost done, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place corn cobs and scallions on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and Kosher salt and rub on all sides. Once grill is hot, place corn and scallions over medium high heat and cook until corn starts to get some blackened spots a little (3-5 minutes, turning frequently), and scallions star to char (about 1 minute per side). Remove from grill.
- Once corn is cool enough to touch, use a knife to cut off all kernels.
- In a large bowl mix together cooked rice, corn kernels, dragon tongue beans, cucumbers, and red onions. Pour dressing into bowl and toss to coat. Divide rice and veggies between 4 bowls and top with 3-4 scallions plus a handful of cilantro. Serve warm.