If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilling season is well underway. Switch out your usual steaks for these Grilled Pork Chops with Bourbon Berry BBQ Sauce! —Paige
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for oiling the grill
- 1 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 8-ounce bone-in center cut pork chops
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- To make the bbq sauce, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, cumin, and coriander. Toast, stirring frequently, for about 3 minutes. Carefully add the bourbon, and cook until reduced, about 1 minute. Add water, berries, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, chipotle, and salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 20-25 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Taste, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Pat the pork chops dry and season each side liberally with salt and pepper. Place the pork chops on the grill over the direct-heat area and sear, turning once, until nicely grill-marked on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Move the chops to the indirect-heat area and cover the grill. Cook until the chops are somewhat firm to the touch or until an instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a chop, away from the bone, registers 145°F, about 15 minutes more for medium.
- Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve the pork chop smothered with the bbq sauce.
- NOTES This recipe will make more BBQ sauce than you need for the two pork chop serving. You can freeze it, or store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Serve it with chicken, salmon or steak!