If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 ears corns, shucked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (I prefer in-brine varieties)
- 1 cup finely chopped basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 16 ounces cooked beans, such as chickpeas, black beans, or white beans, optional, see notes above
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, halved
- Line a shallow bowl or plate with a kitchen towel. Use one hand to hold an ear of corn in place upright atop the kitchen towel. With your other hand, use a knife to cut off two to three rows of kernels at a time by sliding the knife down the cob. Get as close to the cob as you can. Transfer corn to a bowl with the tomatoes, feta, and herbs. If using the chickpeas or beans, add them to the bowl as well.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper to taste. Add 4 tablespoons oil and the juice of half a lime. Toss and taste. Add another 1/2 teaspoon salt if necessary and more pepper to taste. If it needs more acidity, squeeze in the remaining lime. If it needs more dressing, drizzle in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Toss. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!