If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple gluten-free dinner bowl with crisp olive oil-fried chicken, gorgeous heirloom tomatoes, and a homemade pesto quinoa with fresh basil and parsley. Showered with toasted pine nuts and parmesan. Perfect for an easy summer supper. —flourish food
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 small heirloom tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 small bunch basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Lay pine nuts flat on a baking sheet and toast for 5-7 minutes. Make sure they don’t burn! Remove as soon as they turn golden and begin to smell toasty. They’ll continue to cook on the baking sheet.
- Then, prepare your chicken. Heat up 3 tablespoons olive oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Season chicken thighs heavily with salt and pepper. Fry each side in olive oil over high heat for 2 minutes, until browned. Cover pan, turn heat to medium-low and cook for additional 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Should have a golden-brown crust, and be irresistibly crispy. Remove from heat.
- Next, make the pesto quinoa. Cook the quinoa over the stove according to the package directions. Remove from heat and put into a blender or food processor. Add additional 6 tablespoons olive oil, parsley, basil, and lemon juice. Peel and smash garlic cloves and throw those in too. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and blend, until blended but not soupy. Taste and add additional salt as needed. Remove from blender.
- Chop up heirloom tomatoes into big chunks.
- Now assemble your bowls: Cut chicken breasts into slices or large pieces, and place in bowls with tomatoes and a big dollop of pesto quinoa. Add a bit of additional salt and pepper to tomatoes. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and grated parmesan.