If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was saying to my sister-in-law (can I call her that yet? I’m just going to do it) today that I had no idea what to post this week, and this was with just half of Sunday left to go. I mentioned I had this cashew stir-fry as a back-up but felt it wasn’t substantial or exciting enough to share with you. She told me to go for it and I’m glad she did because I forgot just how much the flavours pack a punch. —Alannah | Kale Mary
- 250 grams organic, non-GMO tofu, cut into rectangular-sized pieces
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegan fish sauce (check your local Asian supermarket)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 lemongrass, trimmed and bruised
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- Pepper, to taste
- White rice, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Whisk lime juice, vegan fish sauce, soy sauce and coconut sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
- Bake tofu for 15 minutes.
- Add red onion and lemongrass to a wok over a high heat and stir-fry until onion softens. Add capsicum, carrot and broccolini, and add the sauce and tofu baked tofu pieces.
- Sprinkle with pepper and adjust sauce to taste. Serve in bowls with rice.