If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A somewhat different mix for zucchini season, baked as individual serving in a tart pan. —Brian Coppola
- 2 Vidalia medium onions, small dice
- 2 red bell peppers, small dice
- 2 medium zucchini, small dice
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup half and half (or sour cream)
- 5 ounces sharp white cheddar, grated
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 14 slices low sodium chicken bacon, 1/2 in strips
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Caramelize the onions in hot oil over medium high heat. About half way through, add the peppers. Near the end, add the zucchini and finish when onions are golden color. Remove to a bowl to cool to luke warm.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl (everything is going in there). Add the half-and-half, mustard, spices and herbs and mix. Add the cheeses to the bowl and mix well. Add the vegetables and mix. Scoop about ¾ c into tart pan molds.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes, remove to rack.