Author Notes: I have been experimenting with drinks. As a variation on a mint julep after I saw some odd ingredients for a bourbon and limoncello drink at a pub in North Adams MA I decided to experiment with sage and Maker's Mark. I like the way the proportions of my experiment have turned out. Hope you like it as well —Sagegreen
Makes: 2 drinks
Prep time: 5 min
teaspoon Apricot jam
ounces Maker's Mark bourbon
ice cubes, cracked into chunks
Fresh sage leaves
- Put 2 martini or whiskey glasses into the freezer to chill for at least 25 minutes.
- Whisk the limoncello and apricot jam together and then pour into a shaker.
- Add the Maker's Mark bourbon and cracked ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for 30 shakes.
- Pour into the chilled glasses and finish with a sage leaf (give it a twist first to release the oil a bit). Cheers.