If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Blueberry Lavender Cheesecake with Muscat Grape. Or, as I like to call it: the most tantalizing vegan cheesecake known to man kind! Made with an oaty-almond base, a vanilla-lavender cashew cream cheese in between, and a blueberry-lavendar cream cheese on top. I’ve then decorated it with floral muscat grapes, because 'tis the season. I love how the floral grapes compliment the lavender in this dessert. —TWO SPOONS | Hannah Sunderani
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 5 soft medjool dates, pits removed
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch cinnamon
Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ cups cashews, soaked overnight, and strained
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, reserved for second half of the batch
- 1 cup muscat grapes, for topping
- In a food processor add almonds, oats, dates, coconut oil, salt and cinnamon. Process until the ingredients become dough like in texture, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Transfer crust to a non stick cake pan with removable bottom. (I used a 12x7 inches rectangular cake pan. A smaller pan will work; yielding a higher cake). Press down on the crust to make an even layer throughout the bottom.
- In a blender add the ingredients of cashew cream cheese: soaked cashews (strained), coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, dried lavender and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy, approx. 5-7 minutes. Pour 1/2 the cashew cream filling over the crust, reserving the second half for the blueberry layer. Smooth until even. Gently bang the spring form pan against work surface a few times to release any bubbles. Place in freezer to freeze this layer until completely frozen, approx. 2 hours.
- Next add the blueberries, bit-by-bit, to remaining 1/2 of cashew cream cheese while blending. Continue adding blueberries until you’ve reached desired purple colour. (I used 1/4 cup frozen blueberries).
- Slice muscat grapes in half, remove the seeds, and decorate the top of the cake with grapes. Place in freezer to freeze until completely frozen, approx. 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove cake from the freezer and let thaw 20 minutes. Use a sharp knife to slice into 12 slices, for optimal taste let the individual slices sit for another 10-15 minutes before serving.