Tell us about your recipe.
Tell us about your recipe.—MarieGlobetrotter
cups white onions
Yukon Gold potatoes
cup slivered almonds
cup lime, juice and 2 tsp zest
milliliters water (approx)
cup arugula leaves
salt and pepper, to taste
tablespoons olive oil
In This Recipe
- Slice the onion in half and cut into fine, small slices. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes
- Wash the arugula and drain well. Cut the pomegranate in two, carefully remove the seeds. You can do this in a bowl filled with water so as not to make a mess. Set aside.
- In a dry pan, roast 1/4 cup of the slivered almonds on low-medium heat
- Melt the butter in a large pot and cook the onions for 4-5 minutes, until translucent. Add the remaining slivered almonds and the potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes. steering often. Pour in the the milk and 400 ml of water. Cover and let cook for 25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked. Add the spices, salt and pepper. Then add the line zest and lime juice.
- Puree the soup with a hand mixer and run through a sieve. Season with salt and more pepper if needed. Return to the pot, puree more if desired and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Adjust the water if you want a more liquid soup.
- Serve the soup warm topped with a few arugula leaves, roasted slivered almond, a sprinkle of olive oil and pomegranate seeds.