If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve been obsessed with summer fruits this year and love adding them to savoury salads for a bit of extra pop and summer feel. I know we're at the end of the summer now, so better make it quick!
The nectarine adds a nice burst of sweetness and unusual twist. This salad makes a special lunch or beautiful side dish to a larger spread.
Serves 4 as light lunch or side dish
- 2 candy beetroot
- 100 grams quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 juice lime
- 30 grams mint, roughly chopped
- 20 grams parsley, chopped
- 1 nectarine
- 25 grams pistachio, roasted
- 100 grams watercress, washed & roughly chopped
- 50-70 milliliters dressing
- salt & pepper to taste
- 60 milliliters lime juice
- 60 milliliters olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- pinches salt & pepper
- Steam the beetroot in a pan with about 2 inches of water. Cook for about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the beetroot. I cooked the beetroot so it still had bite rather than being totally soft. While the beetroot is cooking prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Cook the quinoa with a pinch of salt and the 200ml water by steaming in a pan with the lid on until the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Once the liquid is absorbed, leave the lid on for a further few minutes. Fluff with a fork and dress with a tablespoon of olive oil and the juice of half a lime.
- To make the dressing, blitz all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. If you don’t have one, whisk the ingredients together and slowly drizzle the oil in until the dressing is emulsified and creamy. Any extra dressing you can save for another day.
- Roughly chop your herbs and pistachio. Peel your beetroot, cut into 1 cm pieces, along with your nectarine. Once the quinoa has cooled a little, mix these through with your herbs, nuts, 50ml of dressings, adding more if needed. Mix through the watercress, taste for seasoning and serve.