If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: BOU is a better for you line of bouillon cubes for creative cooks at all skill levels. Launched by innovative food entrepreneurs, Robert Jakobi and Kunal Kohli, the cube is a healthier, tastier and higher quality version of the pantry staple. Using a US-based proprietary manufacturing process, BOU uses natural, non-GMO ingredients to produce hassle free flavor at your finger-tips with 30 percent less sodium than the other leading brands. BOU is a kitchen must-have for elevating the flavor of any meal from soups to stews, grilled meats to vegetable stir-fries. BOU is Gluten free and comes in three flavors – chicken, beef, and vegetable. Products are available for purchase at stores across the New York-Metro area, as well as online at Fresh Direct. —Staff
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 BOU chicken cubes
- 8 cups butternut squash (1 large squash); peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325. Lined a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large soup pot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, ½ teaspoon salt and some black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft about 5-6 min. Add garlic and cook until onions begin to caramelize, another 5-6 min.
- Add 6 cups of water and the BOU cubes to the pot. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the butternut squash and bring the water to a boil then lower heat to medium-low. Stir, then cover and cook until the squash is very soft, about 25 min.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Let it bubble until it is golden brown about 12 minutes. In a bowl, toss the brown butter, pumpkin seeds and sage plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread the seeds in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for about 20 min until golden brown, stirring a few times.
- Carefully transfer contents of the pot to a blender and puree until smooth. Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and extra fresh sage.