If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rice paper is a healthy low calorie option in comparison to other wheat based products. This delicate translucent dumpling allows the diner to see the colourful nutritious vegetables which are bursting with vitamins. Another serving option is to create a rice wrap by leaving the one end open allowing the vegetables to cascade on to the plate creating a delicious display. The recipe can be found here -
http://www.mynutricounter.com/vegan-dumplings/ —Nikki Brown
- 8 pieces rice paper
- 150 grams shiitake mushrooms, finely minced
- 30 grams leeks, thinly sliced
- 50 grams carrots, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 15 milliliters soy sauce (gluten free optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 30 grams shallots, finely minced
- 10 grams ginger, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 15 milliliters sesame oil
- 15 milliliters hot water
- In a small bowl, combine hot water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and chia seeds. Leave to bloom for 15 minutes.
- Make the filling. Combine mushrooms, leeks, shallots, ginger, carrots, five spice, pepper, and bloomed chia seed mixture in a bowl. Fold ingredients thoroughly.
- Steam the dumplings for 3 minutes. Brush a little sesame oil onto the perforated insert of your steamer to keep the dumplings from sticking
More Great Recipes: