If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Roberta's Cookbook. —Food52
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 head garlic, with 1 clove peeled and set aside
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon (190 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus a splash for the garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 anchovy fillets
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus more if needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut 1/4 inch (6mm) off the head of garlic and place the head, cut side up, on a big square of aluminum foil. Give it a splash of water and a splash of olive oil. Bring the corners of the foil up over the garlic to make a loosely wrapped little package. Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oven and let it cool in the foil. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of 4 or 5 cloves and save the rest to spread on grilled bread with salted butter.
- Put the roasted garlic, the raw garlic, clove, mustard, vinegars, egg yolks, anchovies, and lemon juice into a blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds or until combined.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow, stead stream until it's incorporated and the dressing looks smooth. Taste and add salt, pepper, and more lemon juice as desired. The dressing will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: