Author Notes: Enjoy pizza without grains. Sweet potato cut thinly makes the perfect pizza bite. —Alexa Federico
Makes: 20 rounds
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoon sea salt
cups tomato sauce
cups shredded mozzarella cheese
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash, peel, and cut the ends from the sweet potatoes.
- Slice thinly, about 1/4″-1/2″ rounds.
- Place on a baking sheet. (Unbleached parchment paper is optional, but makes clean up a breeze). Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt, mix with hands, then arrange on the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings if desired, then cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.