If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect mix of healthy veggies, filling potato, and savory chorizo. This comes together in about half an hour and couldn't be more delicious. Originally published (and with more pictures and tips!) here: http://funnyloveblog.com/2017/10/11/veggie-hash-with-chorizo-and-capers/ —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 2 links uncooked Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH, onion powder, garlic powder, dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 eggs, cooked to your preference, for serving
- grated manchego cheese, sliced green onions, and hot sauce, optional, for serving
- Add the chorizo to a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chorizo for about 10 minutes, breaking it up as you go, until browned and crumbly. Add the veggies and spices with a sprinkle of salt to the skillet.
- Stir the veggies into the chorizo and press the hash into a single layer. Let it sit for 3 minutes, then stir and repeat the process for about 20 minutes until the hash is cooked through and browned all over.
- Taste the hash and add salt to your preference. Add the capers and cook for one minute more.
- Serve topped with one egg and any toppings you like. Enjoy!