If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister gave me a large bottle of gold rum from her trip to Puerto Rico. With the holidays looming, I had an idea of how to use it for a greater purpose because frankly, even I couldn't swig that much!
"Festive" and "dangerously delicious" is what guests have commonly remarked about this drink. It goes fast, so just be aware you might have to make two batches. If you've got the time, by all means, make the cinnamon rum because it's the easiest thing in the world and the natural sweetness and concentration of it just gives it a nice round punch. But of course, if you're in a "need it now" situation, buying some at the liquor store will be just as good. I add just a little bit of plum wine for a subtle flavor, but the sangria is still wonderful on its own. Either way, this will definitely be ready for sipping and merriment. To keep it sparkling, feel free to add in the sparkling cider right before serving. —Caroline Choe
cups gold rum (Bacardi)
whole cinnamon sticks
- Drop your cinnamon sticks into a glass jar (one big enough to hold at least 16-oz.)
- Pour in the rum on top of the sticks, and close & tighten the lid on top of the jar. Give the jar a few shakes (about three times should do it), and then store in a dark, cool place for up to a week. During the week following, check on the rum once a day, shake three-times, and then put it back in its storage spot.
- Once the week is up, the rum is ready. Strain and reserve (or serve).
milliliters sparkling apple cider, chilled
liters Chardonnay, or a good white wine, chilled
cup cinnamon rum
shots Calvados or a good apple brandy
Granny Smith apple, chopped
shot plum wine (optional)
- In a punch bowl or pitcher (how ever you plan to serve it), drop in the sliced fruit and pour the lemon juice on top. Stir to combine.
- On top of the fruit, pour in the Chardonnay, cinnamon rum, Calvados, sparkling cider and plum wine (if you'd like it).
- Stir ingredients and serve!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!