If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This egg bake filled with roasted acorn squash, garlic asiago sausage, fresh broccoli, and pepper jack cheese is the ultimate fall comfort food. Less than 10 ingredients, but still has everything you could ever want … you can find me eating this all week long! —Anneka Bjorkeson
- 1 acorn squash
- olive oil, salt and pepper (for roasting squash)
- 2 garlic asiago pork sausages (you can choose any sausage of your liking)
- 2 heads of broccoli - steamed
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Cut your acorn squash in half & scoop out seeds (an ice cream scooper works really well). Slice the squash into 1/2 inch thick half moons. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange them on a lined baking sheet & roast for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven once you can easily stick a fork through them.
- Heat a pan with a small amount of olive oil over medium heat. Cook the sausages for about 10 minutes (flipping them halfway through). They should be just starting to get crispy. Cut the sausages into 1/2 inch rounds and set aside.
- In a large bowl crack all of the eggs and add the half and half, red chili, white pepper and cilantro. Whisk until everything is combined.
- In a baking dish (i used a 9x13 oval dish), grease the bottom and sides with olive oil. Arrange half of mix-ins on the bottom of the sheet (squash, sausage and broccoli), then pour the entire egg mixture over. Sprinkle all of the cheese evenly. Add the remaining mix-ins to the top (makes sure they're at least a little submerged in the eggs). Transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes (or until the center is no longer runny)