If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We don't have stuffed peppers for breakfast often enough. these are made with cracked bulgur wheat instead of rice. —SEB Market BK
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked cracked bulgur wheat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup ground pork
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 gallons large eggs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pot and add basil, oregano, onion and garlic. Saute until onions soften and become translucent
- Add ground pork and cook until browned, then stir in tomato paste, Loosen up the mixture with water. Add cracked bulgur wheat, then turn heat down and cover.
- While filling simmers, prep the peppers for baking. Slice the tops off of two large bell peppers and scrape the seeds out of them. Discard the tops. Set the peppers in a square baking pan lined with foil.
- Spoon pork and grain filling into hollow peppers. Top with cheese if you like. Monterey jack or mozzarella work well. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- When the peppers are done, pull them out of the oven to cool for about ten minutes. Put each pepper on a plate, and slice each one down the side to reveal filling.
- Pour the remaining tablespoon of olive oil into a small frying pan to heat. Fry each egg separately, then place one on each stuffed pepper. Serve immediately.
- *Add a small side salad if serving for dinner.