If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you’re short on time and you’re in need of something nutritious, then this 15 minute vegan mapo tofu will certainly satisfy your taste buds. This is an authentic Sichuan style mapo tofu which is both spicy and aromatic.
The recipe can be found here - http://www.mynutricounter.com/vegan-mapo-tofu/
- 1 piece block silken tofu (400g/14oz), cut into inch cubes
- 150 grams shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 125 milliliters vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chilli bean paste
- 30 grams fermented black beans, roughly chopped
- 6 pieces cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- 1 tablespoon honey/maple syrup
- 30 grams green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 25 grams peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mix vegetable stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok.
- Add in ginger, garlic, mushrooms, Sichuan peppercorns, fermented black beans, and white part of the leeks to the wok. Sautee until aromatic. About a minute.
- Add in chili bean paste and soy sauce mixture
- Stir until thick then add tofu. Heat for a minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish then drizzle chili oil and sesame oil.
- Top with chopped peanuts.