If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yes, it’s British pie week! The celebration of one of our most traditional foods, so in honour of the humble pie we’ve held on to its style and changed its substance, by adding a healthy twist.
Yes, it’s British pie week! The celebration of one of our most traditional foods, so in honour of the humble pie we’ve held on to its style and changed its substance, by adding a healthy twist.
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/gluten-free-salmon-and-spinach-pie/
For the Filling
- 100 grams salmon fillet, cut into 1/2” chunks
- 250 grams fresh spinach leaves, chiffonade (cut into thin strips)
- 200 grams shallots, finely chopped
- 150 grams butter
- 75 grams gluten-free flour
- 1.875 liters fresh milk
- 250 grams parmesan cheese (shaved)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
For the Pie Dough
- 310 grams gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 125 milliliters coconut oil
- 1 piece egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 80 milliliters water
- Make the pie dough. a. Whisk flour and salt in a bowl until well-combined. b. Add in coconut oil and mix thoroughly. Mixture will be crumbly. c. Add in egg and mix. Mixture will still be crumbly. d. Add in the water about a tablespoon at a time. Dough should come together but should not be too wet. Use less or more water if needed. e. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Make the filling. a. Melt butter in a pan. b. Sautee shallots over medium heat until translucent. About 2 minutes. c. Add flour and roast for another minute. d. Whisk in milk. e. Add salmon and spinach leaves. Toss for about a minute. f. Turn off the heat and fold in cheese. g. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the pie. a. Divide the dough into 10 balls. Put each ball in between sheets of parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin. b. Pour the filling into individual soup cups. c. Top the soup cups with prepared pie dough. d. Make small incisions on the pie dough using a paring knife. e. Brush the dough with egg yolks. f. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180C/360F.