If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You don’t have to miss out on a family favourite with this gluten-free option. Mushrooms are filled with goodness from important minerals like Potassium (which aids the function of nerves and muscles – including the heart) and Selenium (which protects the body’s cells) to many B vitamins (which are important for the nervous system). Ancient Egyptians believed they were the plant of immortality according to hieroglyphics – they banned commoners from eating them so that royalty could have an abundant supply. Enjoy this meal, you are in good company.
The recipe can be found here -
http://www.mynutricounter.com/gluten-free-yorkshire-pudding-with-mixed-mushroom-ragout/ —Nikki Brown
For the Pudding
- 140 grams gluten-free flour
- 4 pieces eggs
- 200 milliliters milk
- 120 milliliters sunflower oil
For the Ragout
- 300 grams assorted fresh mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece shallot, finely chopped
- 6 pieces cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 25 grams gluten-free flour
- 250 milliliters vegetable stock
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 7 pieces fresh parsley
- Prepare the mushroom ragout. Heat oil in a skillet. Sautee garlic and shallots until aromatic. Add the mushrooms and salt then sweat the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the pan and roast for a minute. Whisk in the vegetable stock until smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 210C/410F.
- Drizzle sunflower oil evenly into every hole of a muffin tin. Place in the oven.
- In a bowl, combine flour and eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and mix until lump-free.
- Pour the batter into a pitcher.
- Take the pre-heated muffin tin out of the oven. Pour the batter 2/3 of each hole.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Fill each muffin with the prepared ragout and garnish with fresh parsley.
More Great Recipes: