If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nutritionally boost your day with this chilled cucumber and wood ear mushroom salad, it’s an effective way of getting flavour and nutrients rolled up into one meal. Eating cucumber, a chilled one especially, not only thaw any encumbrances in the digestive tract, but also goes flavourfully on the tongue. Wood ear mushroom, commonly sold in Asian markets, is a dear ingredient-mate of the cucumber in the cooking of this tantalizing salad.
The recipe can be found here -http://www.mynutricounter.com/chilled-cucumber-and-woodear-mushroom-salad/
- 14 grams dried woodear mushrooms
- 200 grams Japanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 15 milliliters lime juice
- 15 milliliters light soy sauce
- 15 milliliters sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai chilli, chopped
- Soak woodear mushrooms in cold water for 15-30 minutes to rehydrate.
- Drain mushrooms and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- Mix ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and chilli in a bowl.
- Toss in sliced cucumbers, cooked mushrooms, and sesame seeds.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.