If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This maple syrup glaze salmon dish is not just easy to make but it is also incredibly, insanely, and supremely delicious. —Aldrin Bacusmo-Zaugg
- 500 grams salmon ( 4 pieces)
- 1 teaspoon homemade 5 spice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 piece lemon (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill, (set aside also for garnish)
- Wash your salmon fillets with cold water and pat dry using a kitchen paper.
- Season it with salt and pepper and rub it gently with chinese five spice.
- Heat the frying pan, melt the butter and add olive oil. Fry the fillets for 2-3minutes. Turn it and fry for another 1-2minutes or until completely cooked. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, lemon juice, soya sauce, minced garlic and dill. Mix well.
- In the same pan, pour the sauce mixture and bring to simmer. Let the sauce reduce into half, or until it gets thick and syrupy.
- Put back the fried salmon into the emulsified sauce and tilt the pan to coat the fillet with the syrup. Or spoon the sauce into the fillet.
- Serve immediately with salad or rice. Voila! Bon appetit!