Author Notes: A luscious and quick tomato sauce made from sweet cherry tomatoes and garlic, cooked down with al dente pasta until thick and delicious. —Kale + Compass
pint cherry tomatoes
cloves of garlic
tablespoons olive oil
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
your favorite pasta (for 4)
In This Recipe
- Clean cherry tomatoes and remove stems. Set a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- While pasta is cooking, add olive oil and butter to the skillet and stir in garlic and cherry tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook for a few minutes undisturbed, they will bubble and blister and pop. Gently press on them with the back of a wooden spoon to release their juices. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Cover the tomatoes and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 10 minutes and remove from heat until your pasta is cooked to al dente.
- Once pasta is just slightly undercooked, remove from water (do not discard) and combine with the tomatoes. Turn heat up to medium high. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Add a couple spoonfuls of reserved pasta water if it starts to get too thick.
- Portion into bowls and serve with a freshly grated parmesan, more fresh pepper and basil.