If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A luscious and quick tomato sauce made from sweet cherry tomatoes and garlic, cooked down with al dente pasta until thick and delicious. —Kale + Compass
pint cherry tomatoes
cloves of garlic
tablespoons olive oil
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
your favorite pasta (for 4)
- Clean cherry tomatoes and remove stems. Set a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- While pasta is cooking, add olive oil and butter to the skillet and stir in garlic and cherry tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook for a few minutes undisturbed, they will bubble and blister and pop. Gently press on them with the back of a wooden spoon to release their juices. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Cover the tomatoes and turn the heat down to low. Cook for about 10 minutes and remove from heat until your pasta is cooked to al dente.
- Once pasta is just slightly undercooked, remove from water (do not discard) and combine with the tomatoes. Turn heat up to medium high. Stir everything together and bring to a boil. Add a couple spoonfuls of reserved pasta water if it starts to get too thick.
- Portion into bowls and serve with a freshly grated parmesan, more fresh pepper and basil.