If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Take your favorite noodles, boil them in wine and top with brussels sprouts + mushrooms + toasted hazelnuts + figs + balsamic + fauxmesan… that’s it! This savory red and green meal made in 30 minutes will rock your world. —Gina Fontana
- 1 1/2 bottles dry red wine
- 1 box pasta
- 24 ounces brussels sprouts
- 5 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 10-12 figs
- balsalmic vinegar
- salt + pepper
- olive oil
- Empty the wine into a medium-large pot. Bring the wine to a boil. Add 1-2 tbsp olive oil to the wine and boil the noodles according to package directions
- Cut the ends off of your brussels sprouts and then cut in half
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with about 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, pulse your brussels until they have a slaw like texture. Empty add to the skillet, toss to coat with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt + pepper
- Cut your figs in quarters and add to the skillet with the brussels
- Heat a small-medium skillet over medium heat to toast your hazelnuts. If your hazelnuts aren't already chopped, go ahead and add them to the blender/food processor and pulse until large chunks are left. Heat them in the skillet, tossing frequently to avoid burning them
- Add your mushrooms to the skillet with brussels and figs
- Drain your pasta, top with brussels slaw + toasted hazelnuts and sprinkle generously with vegan parmesan