Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —dee
pizza dough ball
cup pizza sauce
grams cheddar cheese, shredded
pint grape tomatoes, halved
bell pepper, diced
red onion, diced
In This Recipe
- Lightly coat a large bowl with olive oil. Place the pizza dough in the bowl and turn it around so that it gets coated with the oil. Cover the dough with a cloth and let sit in a warm place (75-85°F) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. You can let it sit for several hours if you want. The longer rise will improve the flavour of the pizza crust.
- Preheat pizza stone: Place a pizza stone or pan on a rack in the lower third of your oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
- Remove the dough and knead so it deflates a bit. Form two round balls of dough.
- Prep toppings: Prepare your desired toppings (dice onions, halve tomatoes, dice bell peppers, wash and dry spinach, and shred cheddar cheese) Note that you are not going to want to load up each pizza with a lot of toppings as the crust will end up not crisp that way.
- On a slightly floured surface, flatten one ball at a time with your hands. Start at the centre and work outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch further.
- Spoon on the tomato sauce, place your desired toppings, and sprinkly with cheddar cheese. Top pizza with a light layer of parmesan.
- Bake pizza until the crust is browned and the cheese is golden, (about 10-15 minutes). Remove from heat, slice, and serve.